Sedation Dentistry In Glen Ellyn
Anxiety Free Dentistry
It’s not unusual to feel some anxiety associated with visits to the dentist. However, there is no need for stress or fear to surround your dental appointments— sedation dentistry is a safe and effective solution that allows anxious patients to receive the dental care they need in a calm and supportive environment. Family Dental Care is pleased to provide sedation dentistry in Glen Ellyn; our dentists will work with you to find the sedation option that is right for you.
Positive Aspects of Sedation Dentistry
Sedation dentistry allows you and your dentist to effectively control your level of comfort in the dental chair. Choosing sedation allows you to feel relaxed and calm while remaining awake and alert to take an active role in your dental care.
- Sedation dentistry can help patients who feel anxious or even afraid to visit the dentist. Choosing sedation lets you receive the dental care you need to maintain your oral health, as well as prevent dental health issues from affecting your general health.
- Although you will feel relaxed, comfortable, and safe during dental treatment, you will remain awake throughout your visit. You will still be able to answer questions and discuss issues or treatment options with your dentist.
- Dental sedation isn’t necessarily only for patients who feel anxious while receiving dental care. Sedation medications carry with them an effective pain-relieving component; if tooth sensitivity causes discomfort during teeth cleaning or you have trouble feeling numb after anesthetic injections, dental sedation can improve your comfort during dental visits.
Your Dental Sedation Options
At Family Dental Care, we offer two dental sedation options: nitrous oxide and oral medication. These options can be combined with local anesthesia to ensure you are comfortable throughout your dental treatment, whether you are visiting for a teeth cleaning or a more complex procedure. Please call Family Dental Care in Glen Ellyn for more details about family dental care, cosmetic dentistry, and sedation dentistry at 630-858-0216.
- Nitrous oxide, or laughing gas, is inhaled through a small mask placed over your nose. This is the mildest form of sedation but can be controlled by your dentist for more or less relaxation. Nitrous oxide takes effect quickly and wears off quickly as well, allowing you to drive yourself home after your appointment.
- Oral medication is typically provided ahead of time; you will take a pill prior to your appointment to ensure the medication has taken effect by the time your dentist is ready to begin. The level of medication can be tailored for your comfort; however, oral medication takes time to wear off completely and you will need someone to drive you home.
New Patient Consultation
The first step in any dental procedure is to do a full examination of your teeth and mouth and then review with you the different options to give you a beautiful smile. Many cosmetic dental procedures can be done without cutting or with minimal preparation — and affordably, and yet make a tremendous difference to your smile.
To make an appointment, give us a call or click here to request an appointment online.